As I was in the process of writing 10 Scriptures to Pray for Your Daughters, the Lord very heavily impressed unpin my heart to write one for sons too. At first, I was hesitant because I don't have a son, but the Lord spoke to me and said, "but you know scripture." That was totally a light bulb moment! I do know scripture and even though I don't have son, I do have many nephews. This post is dedicated to them. I hope and pray that the Lord will do amazing things in their lives.
If you have a son, I believe prayer is the most important thing you can offer him as an inheritance. I believe your prayers will go with him where your feet will never tread and be a driving force behind the man he will soon become.
10 Scriptures to Pray Over Your Son
1. "That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth." - Psalm 144:12a
Thank you, Jesus, for allowing my son to grow up strong and full of your word!
2. "Do not be deceived: evil company corrupts good habits." - 1 Corinthians 15:33
Father, lead my son to friends with good character in Jesus' name, Amen.
3. "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." - Isaiah 26:3
Lord, keep my son _____________________ in perfect peace as he keeps his mind on you and learns to trust in you each day.
4. "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." - Ephesians 6:1
I decree and declare that ______________________ will have a spirit of obedience and not be a rebellious son in Jesus' name, Amen.
5. "Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders". 1 Peter 5:5
Lord, I thank you that my son is responsible and respectful to his elders.
6. "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” - John 8:31 & 32
Thank you, Lord, for giving my son a passion for your word. As he abides in your word, I decree and declare that he shall know the truth and the truth will allow him to live a life of freedom in Jesus' name, Amen.
7. "Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."- 3 John 1:2 & 4
Father, I thank you for blessing my son _____________________ with prosperity and good healthy.
8. "A wise son heeds his father’s instruction." - Proverbs 13:1
I decree and declare that ____________________ is wise son and heeds the instruction of his parents, teachers and You, Heavenly Father.
9. "The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace.” - Numbers 6:24-26
Lord, bless and keep _________________. Make your face shine upon him, be gracious to him and let him walk in peace all the days of his life in Jesus' name, Amen!
10. "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." - Matthew 5:16
I decree and declare that my son __________________ will not walk in a spirit of fear, instead he will let his light shine in Jesus' name, Amen!
Decree and declare the word of God over your son each day! God's words will not go out and return void! If you would like the printable version of these scriptures, grab your copy below.
May God bless you and your son to thrive in every way,